Re: Finding current SQL activity

From: Thusitha Kodikara <kthusi(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: Achilleas Mantzios <achill(at)matrix(dot)gatewaynet(dot)com>, pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Finding current SQL activity
Date: 2006-10-18 12:11:20
Lists: pgsql-admin
Thank you Achilleas for the information. I'll check those points out.

Achilleas Mantzios <achill(at)matrix(dot)gatewaynet(dot)com> wrote: Óôéò ÔåôÜñôç 18 Ïêôþâñéïò 2006 11:06, ï/ç Thusitha Kodikara Ýãñáøå:
> Hi,
> I would like to find the current (and very recent) SQL statements.  I went
> through 'pg_stat_activity'. But it showed only the current statement I was
> issuing. Going through the defintion of 'pg_stat_activity' I came across
> pg_stat_get_backend_activity(), and I thought if I could get the source of
> this function I would be able to further. But I can't see the definition of
> this function.

pg_stat_get_backend_activity() is an internal function, so in order to see how
it works you must look .../src/backend/utils/adt/pgstatfuncs.c

> Am I on the right direction, or is there an easier way? I would appreciate
> if someone can give some suggestions.

However, the system can give only active queries, if you need recent queries
then you should enable
log_statement = true
in postgresql.conf and
kill -HUP