Using host variables -- segmentation fault

From: Yadnyesh Joshi <yadnyesh_joshi(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Using host variables -- segmentation fault
Date: 2006-10-16 12:16:06
Lists: pgsql-novice

Hi,

I am trying to use C variables in embedded sql statements.
But I am getting a segmentation fault.
Also, out put at server is :
LOG: unexpected EOF on client connection
When I try to insert values without using C variables, they're added to database without any problem.
Problem occurs when I try to insert values from C variables.

Here is the simple program I have written -

/*first.c*/
/*Assume create table simple (s int);*/
#include<stdio.h>
int main()
{
EXEC SQL BEGIN DECLARE SECTION;
char *target="mydb(at)localhost";
int i;
char msg[10];
EXEC SQL END DECLARE SECTION;

//strcpy(msg,"\'AAAA\'");

EXEC SQL CONNECT TO :target;

EXEC SQL INSERT INTO simple values (6);
EXEC SQL COMMIT;
EXEC SQL INSERT INTO simple values (:i);
EXEC SQL COMMIT;

//EXEC SQL INSERT INTO fromprg values (:i,:msg);
//EXEC SQL COMMIT;

EXEC SQL DISCONNECT;
}

Then as usual, I executed two commands -

ecpg first.pgc
gcc first.c -o first -lecpg

I get segmentation fault.
LOG: unexpected EOF on client connection

The first EXEC SQL INSERT INTO simple values (6); executes fine. The value is added in the database as I am doing a COMMIT.

However, segmentation fault occurs at EXEC SQL INSERT INTO simple values (:i);
What can be the problem?

Thank you,
Yadnyesh.

http://in.answers.yahoo.com/