Bulk Load and Extract from PostgreSQL

From: Sandeep Khandelwal <sandeep_khandelwal27(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Bulk Load and Extract from PostgreSQL
Date: 2006-10-16 07:07:53
Lists: pgsql-interfaces
Hi All.

I want to extract and Load data from PostgreSQL using Libpq C API. Please let me know which approach will be good to load large number of rows into PostgreSQL(Insert or COPY FROM) and, which approach will be good to extract large number of rows from PostgreSQL (COPY TO or SELECT).
I want to handle all the data types supported in the PostgreSQL.

Thanks,
Sandeep

pgsql-interfaces by date

Next:From: Sean DavisDate: 2006-10-16 10:34:45