Re: -- Problem loading plperlu --

From: Richard Broersma Jr <rabroersma(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: Rafael Orta <rorta_us(at)yahoo(dot)com>, pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: -- Problem loading plperlu --
Date: 2006-10-16 04:16:00
Lists: pgsql-novice
> I am planning to use db-link to be able to read Oracle

Just to clarify I think you need dbi-link.  I believe that db-link only allows to you connect to
other postgresql databases.

> -bash-3.00$ createlang plperlu smarter
> createlang: language installation failed: ERROR:  could not access file "$libdir/plperl": No
> such file or directory

I found the following from :
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.1/interactive/plperl.html

Note: Users of source packages must specially enable the build of PL/Perl during the installation
process. (Refer to Section 14.1 for more information.) Users of binary packages might find PL/Perl
in a separate subpackage.

and "section 14.1"
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.1/interactive/installation.html#INSTALL-SHORT

I hope this helps.  I am sure someone else on the list with more experience will be able to get
more specific information if you need it.

Regards,

Richard Broersma Jr.