Re: New version of money type

From: "D'Arcy J(dot)M(dot) Cain" <darcy(at)druid(dot)net>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: jim(at)nasby(dot)net, kleptog(at)svana(dot)org, llonergan(at)greenplum(dot)com, sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: New version of money type
Date: 2006-10-12 18:24:22
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Thu, 12 Oct 2006 14:17:33 -0400
> "D'Arcy J.M. Cain" <darcy(at)druid(dot)net> writes:
> > Cool. So what do I do with the patch? Should I add the currency
> > symbol back in and commit or should I resubmit the patch to hackers for
> > further review?
>
> Well, one thing you definitely *don't* do is commit right now, because
> we're in feature freeze, not to mention trying to avoid forced initdbs
> now that beta has started. Sit on it till 8.3 is branched, and

OK. I hadn't thought of it as a new feature per se but I understand
the initdb issue. Holding at 30,000 feet, ground control.

> meanwhile think about what you want to do with the currency-symbol
> issue...

Personally I don't see a need for it but I am currently in favour of
adding it back in before committing just so that we can deal with the
issue separately. The same as the other changes being discussed.

--
D'Arcy J.M. Cain <darcy(at)druid(dot)net> | Democracy is three wolves