Minor doc bug in 8.1.4

From: Quinn Weaver <quinn(at)funkspiel(dot)org>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Minor doc bug in 8.1.4
Date: 2006-10-11 00:42:24
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Hi,

I just noticed a tiny but annoying documentation bug:

pg_hba.conf (/etc/postgresql/8.1/main/pg_hba.conf on my Ubuntu system)
begins with this comment:

# PostgreSQL Client Authentication Configuration File
# ===================================================
#
# Refer to the PostgreSQL Administrator's Guide, chapter "Client
# Authentication" for a complete description. A short synopsis
# follows.

However, there _is_ no PostgreSQL Administrator's Guide; as of 7.4,
the PostgreSQL Guides were combined into a single Manual. So the
comment is somewhat misleading.

It took me a few minutes of head-scratching, local system searching,
and web searching to ascertain this. Fixing the bug would save
future pg newbies from this fate. :)

Thanks for helping make PostgreSQL, whoever you are; you rock. :)