pg_config not found

From: Saranya Sivakumar <sarlavk(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsqlnovice <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: pg_config not found
Date: 2006-10-09 19:06:51
Lists: pgsql-novice

Hi All,

I am trying to install psqlodbc version psqlodbc-08.01.0200 on a non DB server ( Fedora Core 5). I get the following error, while trying to run the configure script.

checking for pg_config... no
configure: error: pg_config not found

I found that a bug has been registered at this link with the same type of problem for installing on windows. http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-bugs/2006-03/msg00220.php

I tried searching on how to install pg_config alone, but haven't had any luck yet. I am stuck at this point and not sure how to proceed.

Though this server doesn't require a DB installation, would installing the DB get around the problem? Is there any other solution to this?

Any information would be really helpful.

Thanks in advance,
Sincerely,
Saranya