Re: postgresql db account

From: Ray Stell <stellr(at)cns(dot)vt(dot)edu>
To: Richard Broersma Jr <rabroersma(at)yahoo(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: postgresql db account
Date: 2006-10-05 11:47:17
Lists: pgsql-novice

If I change the challange method to md5, I have to know the passwd.
So, are you saying that it is good practice to leave local connections
as trust? This doesn't seem right to me. I either have to set the
pw or leave it as trust. Maybe you are supposed to leave postgresql
db account alone and create an alternate. I just haven't found where
the best practices are discussed.

Is there a security document that discusses these items and other
security best practices?