Re: pgindent has been run

From: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
To: Joachim Wieland <joe(at)mcknight(dot)de>
Cc: Michael Meskes <meskes(at)postgresql(dot)org>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pgindent has been run
Date: 2006-10-04 20:41:44
Lists: pgsql-hackers pgsql-www

Joachim Wieland wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 04, 2006 at 06:15:31AM -0400, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> > Michael Meskes wrote:
> > > Is there a way to make pgindent skip a directory? It seems it has
> > > changed all expected file in ecpg's regression suite. So we see a lot of
> > > differences now.
>
> > Sure a directory can be skipped. I am confused how it could change
> > expected files because it only formats C files.
>
> The .c files that are produced by the ecpg precompiler are in the expected/
> directory as well.
>
> Instead of skipping this directory we could also rename them from *.c to
> *.source or similar such that pgindent will not touch them.

I have updated the pgindent script to skip the ecpg regression expected
directory:

find . -name '*.[ch]' -type f -print |
egrep -v '/s_lock.h|src/interfaces/ecpg/test/expected/' |
xargs -n100 pgindent

That will prevent it from being changed by pgindent in the future.

--
Bruce Momjian bruce(at)momjian(dot)us