Re: pass date type data to PQexecparams

From: Michael Fuhr <mike(at)fuhr(dot)org>
To: pr0v4 <josip(dot)povreslo(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pass date type data to PQexecparams
Date: 2006-09-27 13:32:33
Lists: pgsql-novice

On Wed, Sep 27, 2006 at 12:41:21PM +0200, pr0v4 wrote:
> Sorry because uncompiled example program, yesterday I was very busy so I've
> probably forget to compile it. I thought I done that.
> Well about my problem, I have done what you said to me to try, well it
> isn't help.
> Now I'm getting following error message:
> Insert new records FAILED: ERROR: invalid input syntax for type date: ""

Have you used PQgetisnull() to check if the value you retrieved is
NULL? If that's not the problem then please post a minimal but
complete program that compiles and runs and demonstrates the behavior
you're seeing. Include any SQL statements necessary to set up the
test (CREATE TABLE, INSERT, etc.). We need to see exactly what
you're doing to be able to say why it doesn't work.

--
Michael Fuhr