Re: Status of funds.postgresql.org?

From: Andrew Sullivan <ajs(at)crankycanuck(dot)ca>
To: pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Status of funds.postgresql.org?
Date: 2006-09-16 23:46:09
Lists: pgsql-www

On Sat, Sep 16, 2006 at 10:33:44AM -0700, Gavin M. Roy wrote:
> Only because no one offered to help and I've not had the time.

Sorry, no. I offered to help, more than once, but was told that only
you knew how to make it go. Maybe that was false; I dunno. I
emphasise that this is _not_ an attack on you. Also, I have to say
that Framewerk looks to me to be promising: I was impressed with the
bits that I saw working, once I figured them out. But I did have to
figure them out, because docs were not so great, and there were parts
that I was told needed your magic.

Now, part of this was a problem because the site was already in
production when I learned it. I assume a change to different
software would be managed differently than that. But at the moment,
saying Framewerk "just works" is, IMO, overselling.

I remember when computers were frustrating because they *did* exactly what
you told them to. That actually seems sort of quaint now.
--J.D. Baldwin