Python interfaces

From: Sean Davis <sdavis2(at)mail(dot)nih(dot)gov>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Python interfaces
Date: 2006-09-15 17:52:20
Lists: pgsql-interfaces
I am in the process of moving development from perl to python.  Under perl,
there was DBI, the be-all-end-all of database interfaces.  Under python,
there is a plethora of options.  Is there a recommended one for postgres?  It
will be mainly used in a web environment, so the ability to work
asynchronously is not that important.  I am interested in maintaining
database introspection (which the DB-API 2.0 is conspicuously short on)
tools, as well as niceties such as automatic escape-quoting, etc, that are
pretty standard in perl.  Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Sean

pgsql-interfaces by date