Re: Status of funds.postgresql.org?

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Cc: Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>, Magnus Hagander <mha(at)sollentuna(dot)net>, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>, pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Status of funds.postgresql.org?
Date: 2006-09-15 20:13:41
Lists: pgsql-www

Dave, Josh,

> > going. Anyone who has worked hard towards that aim, or just agreed
> > with the strategy is naturally going to want some seriously good
> > justification to backtrack and create another new site in the
> > postgresql.org domain.

Sure, and I agree with the consolidation goal in general. Heck, I wish
that www.postgresql.org supported more CMS services so that we could
collapse some of the existing subdomains.

However, there seems to be a difference of opinion as to what constitutes
"justification." Establishing with us that we need an authenticated
voting interface, and easy content management for stuff like donor
information and meeting minutes, is justification.

Members of this list trying to argue that we don't really need any of these
things and can live without them goes way beyond justification and slides
into "running the gauntlet". It's a very frustrating experience, when one
is trying to set something up in time which is already inadequate.

> ?? odbc.postgresql.org jumps to pgfoundry.
>
> Then there is:
>
> pgadmin
> jdbc
> pmt
> jabber
> archives
> search

Well, Josh, that actually support's Dave's argument. We have too many
already.

--
--Josh

Josh Berkus