Problem with template1 database

From: toto titi <marc(dot)davanier(at)yahoo(dot)fr>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Problem with template1 database
Date: 2006-09-15 12:46:21
Lists: pgsql-novice

Hello,

I use the PostgreSQL 7.4.11 server on FC3 (RPM install). It successfully runs a database.

I want to dump all the content with the command "pg_dumpall > /tmp/dumpPg".

But I get the error

pg_dumpall: could not connect to database "template1": FATAL: database "template1" does not exist
DETAIL: The database subdirectory "/var/lib/pgsql/data/base/1" is missing.

And effectively the /var/lib/pgsql/data/base/1 directory is missing on my server.

Is there a way to reconstruct it?

I've tried the command "createdb -T template0 template1" but I get the same error.
I have a backup of /var/lib/pgsql/data/base/1 directory but the data directory was initialized by PostgreSQL version 7.3 which is not compatible with my current 7.4.11 version. Unfortunately I can't reinstall 7.3 to dump template1.

Thanks by advance for your help!

Regards,
Marc

Découvrez un nouveau moyen de poser toutes vos questions quelque soit le sujet ! Yahoo! Questions/Réponses pour partager vos connaissances, vos opinions et vos expériences. Cliquez ici.