Re: about monitoring the input stream

From: Albert Cardona <acardona(at)ini(dot)phys(dot)ethz(dot)ch>
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: about monitoring the input stream
Date: 2006-09-13 16:09:54
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Marc,

> Why don't you decorate the InputStream with some simple
> CountingInputStream of yours, just like Oliver suggested?

> Something very similar to:
> private java.io.DataOutputStream#incCount()

> If you are lazy you could even extend BufferInputStream; like this
> you have just two read methods to override.

The idea is not to modify the driver one bit in benefit of uncontroversial
deployment of my application (TrakEM2 at
http://www.ini.unizh.ch/~acardona/trackem2.html ). If java was lisp I would
simply alter the register to replace the InputStream, but it isn't and/or I
don't know how to use reflection to that extent (I don't know what would
happen was I to replace the InputStream using reflection once a connection
has been created).

Therefore I ask for suggestions on how to monitor the downloading rate ...
If there aren't any, well, tough luck! I'll have to live with it.

Albert