about monitoring the input stream

From: Albert Cardona <acardona(at)ini(dot)phys(dot)ethz(dot)ch>
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: about monitoring the input stream
Date: 2006-09-11 16:59:50
Lists: pgsql-jdbc
Following up from
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-jdbc/2006-07/msg00052.php
I wonder if anything has been done on the subject of monitoring the amount of
bytes since the last query?

Finally I've digged into the code and put my hands through reflection on the
InputStream encapsulated in the PGStream. Problem is, the stream is emptied
frequently and I can't find the class responsible for reading it out, so my
readings of the available() bytes (in a monitoring thread) underestimate
tremendously the amount of bytes actually piped.

I understand there is only one InputStream per connection, encapsulated inside
a PGStream, created in the ProtocolConnectionImpl. Being able to monitor its
the amount of bytes fetched for each query would be really nice!

Any help appreciated.

Albert

--
Albert Cardona
Molecular Cell Developmental Biology

pgsql-jdbc by date

Next:From: Kris JurkaDate: 2006-09-11 17:42:54