Strange DELETE inconsistency

From: Geert Janssens <info(at)kobaltwit(dot)be>
To: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Strange DELETE inconsistency
Date: 2006-09-06 16:48:00
Lists: pgsql-odbc
Hi,

Another issue with MS Access 2000, PostgreSQL 8.0.8 and psqlODBC 8.02.01.00:

A have a bound form that manages a linked ODBC table (form=Artikels,
table=tarticles which is linked via psqlODBC).

When I delete a record via the access menu Edit->Delete record, everything
works fine: the record gets deleted, and the next or previous record is shown
(depending on the position of the cursor).

When I do the same via vba (a custom button in the menu bar that calls
DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdDeleteRecord), either nothing seems to happen, or the
currently visible record's fields all change to #Deleted#.

If I compare the Comm logs for these two different Delete actions, I see that
the first contains a DELETE, immediatly followed by a SELECT of other
records. The second contains a DELETE, immediatly followed by a number of
error messages, and no SELECT. Both are attached for reference.

What could cause this ? If required, I can also run the same tests with MyLog
enabled for more details.

Thank you,

Geert Janssens
--