We are happy to announce the release of Archiveopteryx 1.10.
Archiveopteryx (formerly Oryx Mailstore) is a mail archive server that
stores normalized mail in a PostgreSQL database, and serves it using
IMAP/POP. It has now been used in production for several months, and
is available both on commercial terms and as open source.
This release comes sooner than planned, because we feel the deployment
of privilege separation is important enough to justify it.
Changes since 1.09:
- Privilege separation: the server can't destroy the database.
- "aox vacuum" permanently removes deleted mail after 7 days.
- Installer creates user/group aox/aox by default.
- RFC 2180 compliance for mailboxes accessed by multiple clients.
- A few IMAP and message parsing bug fixes.
- Added UTF-16/UTF-16BE/UTF16-LE codecs.
Please let us know if you find any problems.
The next release is expected on 2006-09-24.
Please join the mailstore-announce list if you want to be notified of
future releases; and mailstore-users to discuss Archiveopteryx.
Bug reports, questions, and suggestions to info(at)oryx(dot)com(dot)
Oryx Mail Systems GmbH
pgsql-announce by date
|Next:||From: David Fetter||Date: 2006-09-04 05:27:53|
|Subject: == PostgreSQL Weekly News - September 03 2006 ==|
|Previous:||From: David Fetter||Date: 2006-08-28 05:12:42|
|Subject: == PostgreSQL Weekly News - August 27 2006 ==|