Re: stats test on Windows is now failing repeatably?

From: ITAGAKI Takahiro <itagaki(dot)takahiro(at)oss(dot)ntt(dot)co(dot)jp>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: stats test on Windows is now failing repeatably?
Date: 2006-08-30 02:46:49
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> I just looked over the buildfarm results and was struck by the
> observation that the stats regression test, which lately had been
> failing once-in-a-while on Windows and never anywhere else, has a
> batting average of 0-for-10-or-so over the past 24 hours on the Windows
> buildfarm machines.

I tested HEAD on Windows and saw some Windows-specific logs.

LOG: Windows fopen("base/16384/pg_internal.init","rb") failed: code 2, errno 2
LOG: Windows fopen("global/pgstat.stat","rb") failed: code 32, errno 13

The code 2 means ERROR_FILE_NOT_FOUND, "The system cannot find the file
specified." and the code 32 means ERROR_SHARING_VIOLATION, "The process
cannot access the file because it is being used by another process."

We use the tmpfile-and-rename trick on both pg_internal.init and pgstat.stat.
Are there any incompatible behavior in the trick between POSIX and Windows?

Regards,
---
ITAGAKI Takahiro
NTT Open Source Software Center