Re: PostgreSQL rebranding

From: elein <elein(at)varlena(dot)com>
To: Lukas Kahwe Smith <smith(at)pooteeweet(dot)org>
Cc: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL rebranding
Date: 2006-08-29 15:08:46
Lists: pgsql-advocacypgsql-www
On Tue, Aug 29, 2006 at 09:46:52AM +0200, Lukas Kahwe Smith wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am collecting a list of PostgreSQL rebrands.
>
> So far I have the following:
>
> Illustra, EnterpriseDB, Bizgres, BizgresMPP, Mammoth, Red Hat Database,
> Netezza, parACCEL

I worked for (Miro' -> Montage -> Illustra)
and am still in touch with the founders of that company(ies?).
Feel free to ask me what you would like.

Keep in mind, however, the timeline of some of the older companies.
At the time of ingres and postgres' releases it was mostly universities
who open sourced.  For profits, as a rule, did not open source code.

elein
elein(at)varlena(dot)com