Re: Latest ODBC driver? / lo (blob) problem with fieldtype in Delphi

From: Stijn Vanroye <s(dot)vanroye(at)easytowork(dot)nl>
To: "'pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org'" <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Latest ODBC driver? / lo (blob) problem with fieldtype in Delphi
Date: 2006-08-29 12:49:00
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Thanks for the reply's dave. I'll give them a try.

About the blob/lo problem. I'm not sure if this problem is strictly a Delphi issue. It seems that in the backend for version 8.0 (maybe a bit before that, I'm not sure), the implementation for the lo-datatype changed. Now it's a domain, before you had to create your own type named lo to have a field capable of storing (Binary) Large OBjects. Somehow the field is now recognized in Delphi as an IntegerField, and no longer as a field for large objects.

Just a thought of mine, but maybe the implementation in the backend changed, so the ODBC recognizes and passes the field as type integer, and no longer as a lo/blob field.
Otherwise it's something in the implementation of the ODBC driver itself that passes the field type as something that delphi understands as integer, maybe the odbc really says it's an integerfield.

I'll try the 08.02 and see what that does.

Regards,

Stijn.