Re: database files are incompatible with server, after computer restart

From: CSN <cool_screen_name90001(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: Douglas McNaught <doug(at)mcnaught(dot)org>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: database files are incompatible with server, after computer restart
Date: 2006-08-29 02:25:25
Lists: pgsql-general

I don't think so -- I followed the instructions here:

http://www.robbyonrails.com/articles/2006/05/29/install-ruby-rails-and-postgresql-on-osx

But looking around, I see there's a pg_ctl in
/usr/local/bin, but 'port contents postgresql8' shows
a pg_ctl in /opt/local/lib/pgsql8/bin.

~ $ ll /opt/local/lib/pgsql8/bin/pg_ctl
-rwxr-xr-x 2 root admin 47380 Aug 24 14:24
/opt/local/lib/pgsql8/bin/pg_ctl
~ $ ll /usr/local/bin/pg_ctl
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root admin 149456 Apr 23 15:00
/usr/local/bin/pg_ctl

I can't remember if I tried installing PostgreSQL some
time ago using Fink or some other way. Any further
ideas?

Thanks,
csn