Re: tsvector/tsearch equality and/or portability issue

From: Phil Frost <indigo(at)bitglue(dot)com>
To: Teodor Sigaev <teodor(at)sigaev(dot)ru>
Cc: Stefan Kaltenbrunner <stefan(at)kaltenbrunner(dot)cc>,PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: tsvector/tsearch equality and/or portability issue
Date: 2006-08-28 13:32:26
Lists: pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Aug 24, 2006 at 09:40:13PM +0400, Teodor Sigaev wrote:
> >devel=# select 'blah foo bar'::tsvector = 'blah foo bar'::tsvector;
> > ?column?
> >----------
> >(1 row)
>
> Fixed in 8.1 and HEAD. Thank you

Things still seem to be broken for me. Among other things, the script at
<http://unununium.org/~indigo/testvectors.sql.bz2> fails. It performs two
tests, comparing 1000 random vectors with positions and random weights, and
comparing the same vectors, but stripped. Oddly, the unstripped comparisons all
pass, which is not consistant with what I am seeing in my database. However,
I'm yet unable to reproduce those problems.

It's worth noting that in running this script I have seen the number of
failures change, which seems to indicate that some uninitialized memory
is still being compared.

test=# \i testvectors.sql
BEGIN
CREATE FUNCTION