Advice request: Postgresql setup for flash memories.

From: Enrique Arizón <e_arizon_benito(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Advice request: Postgresql setup for flash memories.
Date: 2006-08-27 21:07:51
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hello,

since flash memory hardware is dropping prices at
high rate I was planning to test how Postgresql runs
in such hardware.

For all I have read, main difference between Hard
disc storage and flash memory is that of seek time,
beeing flash memory card seek time much faster since
it lacks mechanical parts. My intution says that such
fact must have depth inpact on how databases "tunning
parameters" are setup.

Anyone has any experience in "tunning" Postgresql for
Flash memories.

Thanks in advance for any help, hint or link.

Enrique