[ psqlodbc-Bugs-1000687 ] Problem with WHERE and upercase character

From: <noreply(at)pgfoundry(dot)org>
To: noreply(at)pgfoundry(dot)org
Subject: [ psqlodbc-Bugs-1000687 ] Problem with WHERE and upercase character
Date: 2006-08-22 07:22:16
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Bugs item #1000687, was opened at 2006-07-19 15:09
You can respond by visiting:
http://pgfoundry.org/tracker/?func=detail&atid=538&aid=1000687&group_id=1000125

Category: None
Group: None

Initial Comment:
Hello,
i use odbc 8.2.2 and PG 8.1.4 with LATIN9 in Windows XP Sp2.

I have a table named TEXTE with two Cols named TEXTTYP Varchar(50) and TEXTZEILE varchar(255)

Inside are rows like
ANSP.xxx , "Any chars"
ANSP.George , "Director"

When i have
update TEXTE set TEXTZEILE = 'abc' where TEXTTYP='ANSP.xxx' and TEXTZEILE = 'Any chars'

i get the one row and it is OK.

When i have
update TEXTE set TEXTZEILE = 'abc' where TEXTTYP='ANSP.George' and TEXTZEILE = 'Director'

i get no row and no update is done

The difference is the uppercase G in ANSP.George
When i have
update TEXTE set TEXTZEILE = 'abc' where TEXTTYP='ANSP.George'

i get the row(s) and the update is done.

I need both in the where clause.
I tested it with some other data.
every time i have a uppercase letter after the dot, it dont work.

What will that be?

Thanks
Paul

Date: 2006-08-22 09:22

Message:
I'm sorry I'm so late. We're going to move so we have a lot of work with out new flat.

I attach the log you've sended me.

Luf

Comment By: Ludek Finstrle (luf)
Date: 2006-07-28 09:25

Message:
I get no mylog output yet.

Regards,

Luf

Comment By: Ludek Finstrle (luf)
Date: 2006-07-25 10:41

Message:
Hello,

I don't know it exactly but you have to be logged in or maybe you have to be logged in when you create the bug entry.
Feel free to e-mail me the mylog output. I'll attach it to the bug entry. Or you can put it somewhere on the web and give here the URL.
Could you send me the snipset of code which leads to the error too?

Regards,

Luf

Comment By: Nobody (None)
Date: 2006-07-25 01:21

Message:
Hello Ludek,
in PGAdmin III it works correct.
In psql it is OK
With ODBC and ADO it wont work.
Thanks
Paul

PS: How can i add the file

Comment By: Ludek Finstrle (luf)
Date: 2006-07-24 12:44

Message:
Hello,

could you try the update directly via psql or pgadmin?
If it doesn't fail there please send me the mylog output.

Regards,

Luf