Re: About DBlink

From: Michael Fuhr <mike(at)fuhr(dot)org>
To: Sumeet <asumeet(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: About DBlink
Date: 2006-08-17 20:59:58
Lists: pgsql-sql

On Thu, Aug 17, 2006 at 04:37:03PM -0400, Sumeet wrote:
> Im trying to find out documentation for postgres module names "dblink", can
> anyone point me out to it. What i want to do is join multiple databases
> instead of multiple tables.

If you've installed dblink then somewhere on your system should be
a file named README.dblink. How to find that file depends on the
platform: on many Unix-like systems you can use "locate" or "find",
or if you installed dblink via a package then you could use the
package management tool to display a list of files that it installed.

I'd mention that doing joins between databases isn't a good idea
but it looks like you've already had that discussion in the recent
"Multiple DB join" thread.

http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-sql/2006-08/msg00097.php

--
Michael Fuhr