Re: Query response time

From: Roman Neuhauser <neuhauser(at)sigpipe(dot)cz>
To: Jonathan Sinclair <jonathan(dot)sinclair(at)molevalleyfarmers(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Query response time
Date: 2006-08-09 17:24:56
Lists: pgsql-sql

# jonathan(dot)sinclair(at)molevalleyfarmers(dot)com / 2006-08-08 13:25:47 +0100:
> I am using PostgresSQL 7.4 and having some serious performance issues.

> I am using tables that only contain approx 2GB of data.

> The install was performed by yum onto a RAID server using Centos. I am
> sure there is something fundamentally wrong for I can't believe that
> postgres would have the reputation it has based on the statistics I'm
> getting. Does anyone have any advice?

You'll need to configure PostrgreSQL, the default settings seem
to be tuned so that PostgreSQL starts even in very limited
environments.

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.1/static/runtime-config.html

You don't know, man. You don't KNOW.
Cause you weren't THERE. http://bash.org/?255991