BUG #2570: Connection closed unexpectedly

From: "Pavel Golub" <pavel(at)microolap(dot)com>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: BUG #2570: Connection closed unexpectedly
Date: 2006-08-09 11:48:24
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Bug reference: 2570
Logged by: Pavel Golub
Email address: pavel(at)microolap(dot)com
PostgreSQL version: 8.0.x
Operating system: Windows XP
Details:

Bug may be reproduced by any tool using libpq.dll, e.g. PgAdminIII.

1. Connect to server.
2. Execute some queries, e.g. SELECT 2;
3. Wait for a while (to be sure I suggest 20 minutes)
4. Try to execute query, e.g. SELECT version()

We got an error: "server closed the connection unexpectedly. This probably
means the server terminates abnormaly before or while processing the
request."

And we have sonnection status: "Connection broken".

Time of idle may vary, but the behavior is always the same.

No firewall. No additional network settings. Server and client on the same
machine (localhost).

I reproduced this on my machine many times, and have requests from my users.