Re: Please replace foundations. server ...

From: Robert Treat <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>
To: pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Please replace foundations. server ...
Date: 2006-08-09 11:44:15
Lists: pgsql-www

On Monday 07 August 2006 23:20, Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> Marc G. Fournier wrote:
> > On Mon, 7 Aug 2006, Josh Berkus wrote:
> >> Marc,
> >>
> >> Can we have another pointer to what used to be
> >> foundation.postgresql.org? Given that we are a multi-foundation group, I
> >> think the new URL should be spi.postgresql.org. The FG needs a place
> >> to take votes and exchange documents. Thanks!

You're apparently more optimistic about the current proposed voting structure
than I am ;-)

> > 'k, just to confirm: remove foundation.postgreql.org, add
> > spi.postgresql.org and point that to conference.postgresql.org?
>
> I am not going to raise a fuss, but I would really prefer either
> foundation. or fundsgroup.
>
> spi is kind of incorrect although I can see the reason for the choice.

I have this vaugue recollection from the pg summit that we we're going to add
a top level menu item into the postgresql.org website for "foundation" with
information about the various foundations and sponsors / donors; and
foundation.postgresql.org was going to point to that. Is that getting tossed
out the window?

--
Robert Treat