Re: usage of option ByteaAsLongVarBinary?

From: "Nardmann, Heiko" <heiko(dot)nardmann(at)secunet(dot)com>
To: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: usage of option ByteaAsLongVarBinary?
Date: 2006-08-01 10:48:52
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Am Dienstag, 1. August 2006 09:16 schrieb Nardmann, Heiko:
> Hi,
>
> first to say that I am quite new to the ODBC interface ...
>
> Now my question:
>
> I want the ODBC driver (Linux/unixODBC) to map an incoming SQL_LOGVARBINARY
> to BYTEA. Examining pgtypes.c I have seen that seems to be possible if the
> bytea_as_longvarbinary member of the connection structure is set. Now ... I
> am not sure how to set this. I have thought that this would be possible by
> setting "ByteaAsLongVarBinary=1" inside of the odbc.ini. But without luck.
> Once again I had a look at the sources - then I did not find any other way
> to set it than setting it via the specified Windows GUI. Since I do use
> Linux what is my way to set it? Do I have to go via the ODBC HDBC handle?
> Any examples for this?
>
> Thanks in advance!

One additional question: I saw that bytea_as_longvarbinary is initialized to
'-1' in connection.c inside of CC_conninfo_init(). Does that mean that by
default this option is activated?

--
Heiko Nardmann (Dipl.-Ing. Technische Informatik)
secunet Security Networks AG - Sicherheit in Netzwerken (www.secunet.de),