Re: usage of option ByteaAsLongVarBinary?

From: "Nardmann, Heiko" <heiko(dot)nardmann(at)secunet(dot)com>
To: Ludek Finstrle <luf(at)pzkagis(dot)cz>
Cc: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: usage of option ByteaAsLongVarBinary?
Date: 2006-08-01 10:33:43
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Am Dienstag, 1. August 2006 12:05 schrieb Ludek Finstrle:
> > am not sure how to set this. I have thought that this would be possible
> > by setting "ByteaAsLongVarBinary=1" inside of the odbc.ini. But without
> > luck.
>
> Yes. This is the right way. Do you have it at the right place in
> odbc.ini?

Not sure about it; here my odbc.ini:

[ODBC]
Trace = 1
TraceFile = /tmp/unixodbc.trace.log
debug=1
debugfile=/tmp/unixodbc.debug.log

[test-db]
Description = test-db
driver=/usr/lib/unixODBC/libodbcpsql.so
setup=/usr/lib/unixODBC/libodbcpsqlS.so
trace=1
tracefile=/tmp/unixodbc.trace.log
debug=1
debugfile=/tmp/unixodbc.debug.log
commlog=1
database=test-db
Servername=1.2.3.4
Port=5432
Username=
ReadOnly=0
ByteaAsLongVarBinary=1

> > Once again I had a look at the sources - then I did not find any other
> > way to set it than setting it via the specified Windows GUI. Since I do
> > use Linux
>
> I see this way (function calls):
> PGAPI_DriverConnect
> dconn_get_connect_attributes
> dconn_get_attributes
> copyAttributes

So do I have to use SQLDriverConnect() instead of SQLConnect() to have
PGAPI_DriverConnect() to be used?

Thanks for your help.

--
Heiko Nardmann (Dipl.-Ing. Technische Informatik)
secunet Security Networks AG - Sicherheit in Netzwerken (www.secunet.de),