Re: pgbench enhancements

From: Tatsuo Ishii <ishii(at)sraoss(dot)co(dot)jp>
To: andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pgbench enhancements
Date: 2006-07-26 15:42:03
Lists: pgsql-hackers
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have committed contrib/pgbench enhanments contributed by Tomoaki
> > Sato from SRA OSS, Inc. Japan.
> >
> > - predefined variable "tps"
> >   The value of variable tps is taken from the scaling factor
> >   specified by -s option.
> >
> > - -D option
> >   Variable values can be defined by -D option.
> >
> > - \set command now allows arithmetic calculations.
> >

> Was there a previous patch posted for this? I don't recall seeing it.

Are you saying that I should have posted patches and called for
discussion? I omit the step because a) pgbench is a contrib program,
b) the changes do not break the backward compatibility.

I always call for discussions for questionable part. (for example,
column type change proposal for pgbench tables).
--
Tatsuo Ishii
SRA OSS, Inc. Japan