Re: Installation "baby" steps (next steps)?

From: Richard Broersma Jr <rabroersma(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: julian howard <julianhwrd(at)yahoo(dot)com>, pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Installation "baby" steps (next steps)?
Date: 2006-07-26 02:10:11
Lists: pgsql-novice
Now what to do? What should be my next steps
> (commands) be? For testing? Against/with other apps?
>
> Is there some universal php script I can use to test
> postgre with?

I assume you've install postgresql on windows.  If this is the case, you probably installed
pgaminIII along with it.  So the first thing that I would try is to see if you can connect to
postgresql using pgaminIII.  If you cant you may need to take another look at your pg_hba.conf
file to insure that it is configured correctly.

You could preform a similar test using PHPgadmin.  However, you will need to install it and run it
on a web server.

If all else fails, you should be able to connect to postgresql at the command line using the psql
client utility.

Regards,
Richard Broersma Jr.