Re: Why SQLBindCol can not get back the c string length.

From: Ludek Finstrle <luf(at)pzkagis(dot)cz>
To: "Hu, Ming (Ivan)" <huming(at)lucent(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Why SQLBindCol can not get back the c string length.
Date: 2006-07-24 09:06:41
Lists: pgsql-odbc

> Why I can not get the actual length from StrLen_or_IndPtr,the last paramter
> of SQLBindCol(). The value of it always keep the input one.

When you want to get the value? You can't get it after SQLBindCol() call.
Please read the specification at:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/odbc/htm/odbcsqlbindcol.asp

If I misunderstand your notice please correct me.

> Also, for varchar string, the return c string is with right length, while
> for fixed chars in DB, the returned c string is
> always with the fixed char length in DB, there are space appended in c
> string.

I see you have no clue what's the difference betwwen char and varchar
type in PostgreSQL. Please read the PostgreSQL manual. It isn't ODBC
related (http://www.postgresql.org/docs).

Regards,

Luf