Re: newbie - segmentation fault with unix odbc

From: Ludek Finstrle <luf(at)pzkagis(dot)cz>
To: vivek(at)staff(dot)ownmail(dot)com
Cc: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: newbie - segmentation fault with unix odbc
Date: 2006-07-17 08:58:20
Lists: pgsql-odbc

> Hello friends,
> I am a newbie to databases. I am trying to start a postgres connection
> using unix odbc on a Slackware 10 and a AMD opteron machine, and a 64 bit
> gcc compiler and 64 bit kernel. I am using
>
> psqlodbc-08.02.0002
> and
> unixODBC-2.2.11
>
> Whenever I try to connect to the database server, I get a segmentation fault. I give the command:-
> isql mydb -v
> Segmentation fault
>
> I tried to figure out whats wrong but no use.

Hello

The first good step could be the trace file from unixODBC.
You may see the Trece* options in /etc/odbc.ini
The second step could be enabling mylog output of psqlodbc.
Add Debug = 1 line to /etc/odbc.ini for the right datasource.

BTW are you sure that you have compiled unixODBC and psqlodbc the right
way (both 64-bit)? Maybe you could try compile it both 32-bit and test
if the problem isn't there.

Regards,

Luf