Re: BUG #2521: pg_restore is hanging

From: Michael Fuhr <mike(at)fuhr(dot)org>
To: "Simon, Attila" <iroda(at)continentalinvest(dot)hu>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #2521: pg_restore is hanging
Date: 2006-07-10 02:18:11
Lists: pgsql-bugs
On Sun, Jul 09, 2006 at 08:15:27AM +0000, Simon, Attila wrote:
> We have dumped a database with pg_dump and tried to restore it. Then the
> pg_restore program started to hanging, does not give any info even the
> verbose flag has been turned on. But the dmp file can be executed as an SQL
> script. Can you give me any info about?

What were the exact pg_dump and pg_restore commands you ran?  When
you say that pg_restore started hanging, do you mean that it displayed
some output and then hung, or that it never displayed anything?  Is
it possible that you ran pg_restore without any arguments and that
it's waiting to read from standard input (the terminal window)?  If
the dump file contains SQL statements then why are you using
pg_restore instead of psql?

--
Michael Fuhr