Re: Fully replacing ps_status (was Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Add GUC update_process_title to control whether 'ps' display is)

From: Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: Fully replacing ps_status (was Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Add GUC update_process_title to control whether 'ps' display is)
Date: 2006-06-28 01:48:58
Lists: pgsql-committers pgsql-hackers

* Stephen Frost (sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net) wrote:
> That would be an *excellent* addition.. Honestly, I think it'd be nice
> to get a 'NOTICE' in such cases too, but having it in pg_stat_activity
> will help alot.

Additionally, Tom, and I hate to point this out here but I don't see
much of an alternative; your mail system blocked my mail and apparently
would block any mail from theplanet.com (a rather large hosting company
based in Texas). Having been harrassed by their support folks for
running a couple rather large mailing lists (the MythTV ones at
mythtv.org) more than once I'm thinking this is a rather poor RBL. I'd
encourage you to drop it in favor of something a bit more sane.

Thanks,

Stephen