BUG #2495: -i start up option blows pg_ctl program.

From: "Ermest" <whitelaw(at)netc(dot)pt>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: BUG #2495: -i start up option blows pg_ctl program.
Date: 2006-06-23 21:41:37
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Bug reference: 2495
Logged by: Ermest
Email address: whitelaw(at)netc(dot)pt
PostgreSQL version: 8.4.1-1
Operating system: Windows server 2003
Details:

When I attempt to configure postgres to allow tcpip connections by adding
the -i option at startup, pg_ctl bombs by referencing address 0x0000. The
-i is added to the service startup parameters via the Registry.

I note also,"tcpip_socket" does not appear in installed postgresql.conf
Adding tcpip_socket=true had no effect on the -i bomb out.

I have Net 2.0 & IIS installed. I used the postgres-8.4.1-1.zip for my
installation.

The problem was the same on two different installations on Windows server
2003 - one used for development, one used for production (hence cleaner).

Regars