BUG #2491: Database crash and restart

From: "" <wizard580(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: BUG #2491: Database crash and restart
Date: 2006-06-23 00:42:16
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Bug reference: 2491
Logged by:
Email address: wizard580(at)gmail(dot)com
PostgreSQL version: 8.1.4
Operating system: Debian sid unstable
Details:

Situation:
I have running transaction which makes a frequently calls to a pl/pgSQL
functions via several triggers. All in one transaction. Transaction running
for a 30 sec - 1 min time longs. Then I have a file with this functions.
CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION ........
I made this: cat <my_file> | psql <base> -U postgres

SQL server crashed.
When no transaction active, all fine.
I can not wait a transaction to finish, because it may begin again
immediately, and again, and again. Untill "system" decided to make some
waiting for a some event.