Re: slony / press??

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, Jussi Mikkola <jussi(dot)mikkola(at)bonware(dot)com>
Subject: Re: slony / press??
Date: 2006-06-16 17:08:23
Lists: pgsql-advocacy
Josh, Jussi,

> > I was wondering, if pgsql-advocacy is going to do something around
> > this? For example press releases?
>
> I am not sure that pgsql-advovacy is the place to press for another
> project? We could make sure the PWN would have it, and we can put a
> release notice on the postgresql.org website.

No, this is the right place.  Slony-I is a "postgresql project"; from my
perspective, anything which is "our community" is entitled to PR help from
PostgreSQL advocacy.   Heck, I do enough for the *companies* that support
us.

I've already talked, briefly, to the Slony folks about doing a release.  I
think it's a good idea.

--
--Josh

Josh Berkus