Replacing data

From: chelsea boot <scx6148(at)yahoo(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Replacing data
Date: 2006-06-15 11:22:49
Lists: pgsql-novice
  I want to replace all the data in a database with an earlier backup I took.  I have a plain sql-script dump (backup.sql) and am using the following command to replace the current data:
  psql -U postgres dbname < backup.sql
  However, the command seems to append the data to the database so that I have the old data and any new data added since the backup was taken.  How can I replace all the data so that my database only contains data from the backup?  Maybe I'm using the wrong backup and restore method?

pgsql-novice by date

Next:From: Aarni RuuhimäkiDate: 2006-06-15 11:43:01