Re: adding psqlodbc driver in ODBCconfig

From: Ludek Finstrle <luf(at)pzkagis(dot)cz>
To: ricardd(at)mathstat(dot)dal(dot)ca
Cc: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: adding psqlodbc driver in ODBCconfig
Date: 2006-06-14 07:08:35
Lists: pgsql-odbc

> Just a point of clarification then. Are there 2 different odbc drivers for
> postgresql in Linux, one from you and one from the unixodbc package?

I can't say 2 different. unixodbc takes psqlodbc few years ago. So it
has obsolete psqlodbc driver. But they write theirs psqlodbcS.so which is
only for unixodbc settings purposes. That was I suggest in my previous
message.

> Still, I can't seem to find the right resources from unixodbc and still
> can't connect to postgresql through odbc. I'll post a similar query on the
> unixodbc-support mailing list.

How looks your odbc.ini and odbcinst.ini? It could be written by hand.

Regards,

Luf