Re: 8.02.00.02 driver incompatibilities

From: Ludek Finstrle <luf(at)pzkagis(dot)cz>
To: Andrus <eetasoft(at)online(dot)ee>
Cc: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: 8.02.00.02 driver incompatibilities
Date: 2006-06-12 08:44:16
Lists: pgsql-odbc

> >1. 8.02.00.02 returns multiple record set (2 tables) for the following
> >string. First table in result set contains single column drop_table
> >
> >SELECT drop_table('tempDOK') ;
> >CREATE TEMP TABLE tempDOK AS SELECT * FROM dok WHERE
> >doktyyp=?ko.liik AND (?ko.option1=0 or dok.tasumata<>0) AND
> > (?ko.option2=0 or dok.taidetud) AND true ORDER BY dokumnr LIMIT
> >100 OFFSET 100;SELECT * FROM tempDOK
> >
> >How to force new driver to return single record set for this query?
>
> What kind of tool are you using ?
> Doesn't your tool have any way to skip the first recordset ?

This is wrong behaviour of 08.01.0200. Your app have to call
SQLMoreResults to get next result set. I suppose you are still
using FoxPro. I see the google and FoxPro may know SQLMoreResults.

If you need only driver change it's dangerous as another part of
the driver require more result sets. If you still want it we can show
you the way. But it'll be unsupported change.

> >3. My application uses hard-coded driver name
> >
> >DRIVER={PostgreSQL Unicode}
> >
> >and thus does not work with new driver. How to force new driver to be
> >invoked by connection string DRIVER={PostgreSQL Unicode} ?

You have to change Registry (rename):
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\ODBC\ODBCINST.INI\PostgreSQL
->
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\ODBC\ODBCINST.INI\PostgreSQL Unicode

Regards,

Luf