Re: Latest timezone data in 8.1.4

From: Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptog(at)svana(dot)org>
To: Paul Lindner <lindner(at)inuus(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Latest timezone data in 8.1.4
Date: 2006-06-10 16:31:08
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Sat, Jun 10, 2006 at 05:44:37AM -0700, Paul Lindner wrote:
> Some questions...
>
> * Is this the correct way to do this?

It's as good a way as any. I have on occasion considered linking the
postgres timezone data to the system timezone data, solving this
problem.

> * Can updating the timezone data be a part of the release checklist?

That would be nice. IIRC, the changed daylight savings for australia
never made any release before it actually happened.

> * Finally, is it possible to upgrade a running server with new timezone
> data?

Sure, it'll take effect immediatly for new backends. For existing ones
probably not.

Have a nice day,