> So, if SQLDescribeParam is not supported, how do you
> know how big to make the buffers?
I don't know. I'm sorry. If you find the way with PgSQL backend
we'll be glad.
> I assume everyone must either use a standard size for
> all parameters or the caller must know the right size to
Or you have to know what you ask for. Please try standard size
and hope that it's enough. I don't have better advice.
Maybe I'm wrong and someone more experienced correct it.
BTW this is comment from psqlODBC:
* Returns the description of a parameter marker.
* This function is listed as not being supported by SQLGetFunctions() because it is
* used to describe "parameter markers" (not bound parameters), in which case,
* the dbms should return info on the markers. Since Postgres doesn't support that,
* it is best to say this function is not supported and let the application assume a
* data type (most likely varchar).
In response to
pgsql-odbc by date
|Next:||From: Ludek Finstrle||Date: 2006-06-07 20:15:16|
|Subject: Re: Patch for snprintf problem (bug #1000650)|
|Previous:||From: Glenn B. Lawler||Date: 2006-06-07 19:50:01|
|Subject: Re: DescribParam|