Re: Some queries starting to hang

From: Andrew Sullivan <ajs(at)crankycanuck(dot)ca>
To: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Some queries starting to hang
Date: 2006-06-05 19:42:52
Lists: pgsql-performance

On Mon, Jun 05, 2006 at 12:05:08PM -0700, Chris Beecroft wrote:
> Our problem is that about a week and a half ago we started to get some
> queries that would (seemingly) never return (e.g., normally run in a
> couple minutes, but after 2.5 hours, they were still running, the
> process pushing the processor up to 99.9% active).

Are there any locks preventing the query from completing? I can't
recall how you check in 7.3, but if nothing else, you can check with
ps for something WAITING.

Unfortunately reformatting the Internet is a little more painful
than reformatting your hard drive when it gets out of whack.
--Scott Morris