BUG #2470: Field DefVal And Description

From: "Serkan Eksi" <serkane(at)pcis(dot)com(dot)tr>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: BUG #2470: Field DefVal And Description
Date: 2006-06-05 09:50:10
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Bug reference:      2470
Logged by:          Serkan Eksi
Email address:      serkane(at)pcis(dot)com(dot)tr
PostgreSQL version: 8.1.4
Operating system:   Windows 2003 Server - Ent
Details:

Hi everyone

excuse me for my english is not very well :(

I use the asp, vb 6 (with sp6) and .net vb to development. And I use the
postgres_odbc driver to connect the postgres server.

I need to know a field description of a table. But I can not get the neither
field description or field default value.

to learn is the code wrong or right, I've tried it another db connection
(ex. SQL2K, ORA, Foxpro). And there wasnt error. the code has run corectly.

I wonder if the postgres doesnt provide these properties by the ADO.

thanks in advance

pgsql-bugs by date

Next:From: Qingqing ZhouDate: 2006-06-05 10:16:46