Re: anoncvs still slow

From: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: Magnus Hagander <mha(at)sollentuna(dot)net>
Cc: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Michael Fuhr <mike(at)fuhr(dot)org>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: anoncvs still slow
Date: 2006-05-29 17:14:42
Lists: pgsql-hackers
On Sun, 28 May 2006, Magnus Hagander wrote:

> AFAICS, this is caused by the machine attempting to relay thousands and
> thousands of spam emails (some quick checked showed a rate of about 1
> spam / 5 seconds enytering the queue - and I know I deleted almost
> 20,000 from the queue)

And how exactly would you like me to fix *that*?  The reason those were in
the queue is because svr4 is a legit MX record for the mailing lists ...
the messages are being delivered into svr4's mail queue, and
mail.postgresql.org subsequently refusing htem because they are for
invalid addresses ...

If I remove svr4 as an MX record, its just going to move to a different
machine ...

So, how exactly would you like me to "fix" that problem?

> For bittorrent, I propose we take it out. We've suggested it before, I
> don't recall receiving any real requests to keep it, and IMHO it's way
> much more pain than it's worth. Therefor, unless someone objects, I'll
> pull the bittorrent links from the website in a couple of days, and then
> we can just remove it from the server.

That works for me ... let me know once its is down, and then I can easily
do the upgrade ...

----
Email . scrappy(at)hub(dot)org                              MSN . scrappy(at)hub(dot)org