DatabaseMetaData

From: Glenn Holmer <gholmer(at)weycogroup(dot)com>
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: DatabaseMetaData
Date: 2006-05-22 22:34:06
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Can someone give me the right incantation to get the names of the
columns in a table using DatabaseMetaData? I'm trying

dmd = conn.getMetaData();
rs = dmd.getColumns("pg_attribute", "public", "tsoldto", null);
while (rs.next()) {

(where "tsoldto" is the name of my table) and not getting anything in
the result set. What is that last argument supposed to be if I want to
retrieve all the column names, and are the first two correct?

Glenn Holmer gholmer(at)weycogroup(dot)com
Software Engineer phone: 414-908-1809
Weyco Group, Inc. fax: 414-908-1601