Re: Sun Server Location

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, PostgreSQL www <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Sun Server Location
Date: 2006-05-18 15:41:48
Lists: pgsql-www

Simon,

> OK, I can confirm EDB have space, power and willingness to manage and
> I'll put time in to make sure this is managed as a community resource,
> with equal access. Operator cover should be possible 24x7 to allow
> global access, but with a proviso of reasonable efforts, rather than the
> "best efforts" you'd expect on a pay-for support contract.

It may have already shipped. I'll check.

> EDB should also be able to put money in to get some reasonable external
> disks, but I won't put a figure on it here. Josh, I'd appreciate it if
> you could pass the hat round a little bit?

Um, if EDB is not supplying a JBOD or similar extra disks, I don't really
understand the point in having them host it? If we're going to take up a
collection, then I think it makes more sense to host it with an NPO, yes?

--
Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions